Monday, October 24, 2005

Kernicterus

Hvidovre Hospital





Introduktion til Fødeafdelingens hjemmeside:


NORD - National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.:

"Kernicterus is a rare neurological disorder characterized by excessive levels of bilirubin in the blood (hyperbilirubinemia) during infancy. Bilirubin is an orange-yellow bile pigment that is a byproduct of the natural breakdown of hemoglobin in red blood cells (hemolysis). Toxic levels of bilirubin may accumulate in the brain, potentially resulting in a variety of symptoms and physical findings. These symptoms may include lack of energy (lethargy), poor feeding habits, fever, and vomiting. Affected infants may also experience the absence of certain reflexes (e.g., Moro reflex, etc.); mild to severe muscle spasms including those in which the head and heels are bent backward and the body bows forward (opisthotonus); and/or uncontrolled involuntary muscle movements (spasticity). In some cases, infants with kernicterus may develop life-threatening complications."















Stine Barseø Kristoffersen


4 days old
she was very sleepy and
bilrubin test reasults are awaited

Kernicterus

did not feed for 7 hours
so has a tube

Gynækologisk-Obstetrisk Afdeling
Kettegård Allé 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Danmark.

Tlf.(+45) 3632 3632,


Bilirubin Encephalopathy - Google Search

Bilirubin Encephalopathy: "The patient is a 2-year-old boy with developmental delay due to sequelae from the resorption of large cephalohematomas sustained as a result of vacuum extraction during delivery. He initially had seizures, which resolved approximately 1 year previously but experienced recurrence of seizure activity after he was taken off his antiseizure medications"



with big sister Freja aged 5

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Jaundice - yellow skin: "Physiologic jaundice is the name for normal jaundice commonly seen in healthy babies.
Pathologic jaundice is the name given when jaundice presents a health risk, either because of its degree or its cause. Pathologic jaundice can occur in children or adults. It arises for many reasons, including blood incompatibilities, blood diseases, genetic syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, bile duct blockage, other liver diseases, infections, or medications. The term also applies to physiologic jaundice exaggerated by dehydration, prematurity, difficult delivery, or other reason."



hvidovre hospital - Google Search

her mother also had neonatal jaundice and Kernicterus


A feeding tube is a small, soft, plastic tube placed through the nose (NG) or mouth (OG) into the stomach. These tubes are used to provide feedings and medications into the stomach until the baby can take food by mouth.

WHY IS A FEEDING TUBE USED?

Feedings from the breast or bottle require strength and quite a bit of coordination to accomplish. Sick or premature babies may not have the strength, development, or coordination to bottle or breastfeed. Tube (gavage) feedings allow the baby to get some or all of their feeding into the stomach, which is the most efficient and safest way to provide good nutrition. Oral medications can also be given through the tube.

AKA Gavage tube

14 Comments:

Blogger diaper king said...

Another great blog man! What a 4 you are! I couldn't derive half the fantastic ideas that you come up with.
My baby shower gift site is a little off your topic but noteworthy. Why aren't you in advertising or better yet a "think tank". Can you teach this kind of creative thinking? Is it something you were born with? Keep the fabulous ideas coming! Let's say a prayer for our boys in Iraq and hope for the best.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Hugh Watkins said...

looks like a commersial comment again

machine duplicated

but this guy is so quick to pick up potential custumers
that I will let it ride a while

LOL


Hugh W

6:52 AM  
Blogger diaper king said...

Hello ##NAME##, what a great blog! I can't believe the fantastic ideas you come up with! My baby basket site is a little off your topic but something
I believe you may find interesting. I was searching for diaper cakes when I stumbled across your site. Keep up the creative thinking and I will be back to check this out again. Let's say a prayer for our boys in Iraq and hope for the best.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Ciao Hugh W kins ! Hai creato veramente un bellissimo blog, complimenti! Vorrei segnalarti il mio sito che si occupa di scommesse online . Solo scommesse online !

2:54 PM  
Blogger diaper king said...

Hello ##NAME##, what a great blog! I can't believe the fantastic ideas you come up with! My baby shower gift site is a little off your topic but something
I believe you may find interesting. I was searching for diaper cakes when I stumbled across your site. Keep up the creative thinking and I will be back to check this out again. Let's say a prayer for our boys in Iraq and hope for the best.

5:25 PM  
Blogger diaper king said...

Hello ##NAME##, what a great blog! I can't believe the fantastic ideas you come up with! My diaper cakes site is a little off your topic but something
I believe you may find interesting. I was searching for diaper cakes when I stumbled across your site. Keep up the creative thinking and I will be back to check this out again. Let's say a prayer for our boys in Iraq and hope for the best.

12:43 AM  
Blogger diaper king said...

Hello ##NAME##, what a great blog! I can't believe the fantastic ideas you come up with! My diaper cakes site is a little off your topic but something
I believe you may find interesting. I was searching for diaper cakes when I stumbled across your site. Keep up the creative thinking and I will be back to check this out again. Let's say a prayer for our boys in Iraq and hope for the best.

12:32 AM  
Blogger diaper king said...

Hello ##NAME##, what a great blog! I can't believe the fantastic ideas you come up with! My diaper cake site is a little off your topic but something
I believe you may find interesting. I was searching for diaper cakes when I stumbled across your site. Keep up the creative thinking and I will be back to check this out again. Let's say a prayer for our boys in Iraq and hope for the best.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Riky said...

What can I say in addition on Kernicterus ? I think that you explained it very well! Would you be interested in a website about scommesse calcio ? Have a jump on it and look for something that you can be interested in! You'll find only scommesse calcio .

10:28 AM  
Blogger diaper king said...

Hello ##NAME##, what a great blog! I can't believe the fantastic ideas you come up with! My baby basket site is a little off your topic but something
I believe you may find interesting. I was searching for diaper cakes when I stumbled across your site. Keep up the creative thinking and I will be back to check this out again. Let's say a prayer for our boys in Iraq and hope for the best.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

As a special token of my appreciation for all your kind help and the wonderful business you have sent my way---I want to give you a free gift.
It is called the "$25000.00 Idea". It will help you in all your endeavors.
Click here: FREE GIFT

8:58 AM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Congradulations on your blog! NOW, check this out, You can join a program that starts at only $7 then the costs go down. Down, Down, Down. It only takes 5 minutes to set up your international account!

To find out more visit: multi level methods site. It successfully exposes FREE information and covers multi level methods related stuff.

7:19 AM  
Blogger maverick said...

Hello,
I really enjoyed looking over your blog. I stumbled across it while I was looking for baby gift to compare to some of the baby gift I make. If you get a chance, go to www.diapergifts.com and let me know what you think. I will be coming back to vist your blog often. Good Luck!

12:04 AM  
Blogger maverick said...

Hello,
Great blog...it sounds like your trying to get a handle on things and that is great! Gotta go, I'm looking for a baby shower centerpiece for a baby shower I'm going to and I don't know where I'm going to find it. Guess I'll check out www.diapergifts.combaby shower centerpiece, I've heard that is a good place to start.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home